Friday 24 June 2016

Semester 1 2016 draws to a close

I guess you are somewhat weary and needing a break.  I am sure this is true of your teachers.

I hope that your staff members can take time to refresh ready for semester 2.  A vital part of this is for them to spend prime time with their close loved ones and their friends.  These relationships are far more important than any job.  I have a sense of hypocrisy in saying this as I was a workaholic. Reflections about my working life contain painful regrets of how on many occasions I let work commitments dominate.  Fortunately my family were more than patient.  Every day I am grateful for a long suffering wife and we are now enjoying the lesser pace of retirement.

I am concerned about mounting reports of school staff, including principals, being attacked by students and parents.  My entreaty to view the work done by Kambrya College is worth following up.  Kambrya College processes provide insights into how to deal with this unfortunate problem through a vibrant student wellbeing program.

Note also how Kambrya teachers were willing to put their classroom approaches to the test and make significant changes to improve student learning.  Very brave and very professional of these teachers.

Good luck for semester 2.

Enough already!


GD

No comments:

Post a Comment